September 30, 2010

What's on your table?

As I was cropping pictures and have them ready to list on my shop, I went to check twitter, and I was admiring Gary Reef's MASKS which reminded me that in my past life (before I had kids and had to hide the clay) I used to make all kinds of free hand pots and masks. I think after all these years I only have one, that I am surprised it has survived all this moving from one city to the next without being fired.
Here it is:

This anguished little guy had more company.... but I have no idea what happened to them. All the negative feelings like anger, loneliness, etc... since I always make smiling people :oP
Hmmm Now that I think about it, there's another one much bigger but that one is fired, and tucked in in some mysterious box, next to my collection of skeleton keys.

It makes me feel so good to see more people that make such a variety of media and work. I know, some people say that to do something really good, to do ONE thing (Reminds me of the movie City Slickers) But there are some of us who love too many things and have this itch to learn and dig our hands in all kinds of different techniques, mediums, styles....

Last year I left a bunch of online groups to concentrate more on learning and doing, and it has been a good thing. My table is full of new projects, and I have been actively working on finishing the work I had left half done for months.
The only tricky thing for me is, when I come to the computer to crop pictures, list and check emails... I end up using up so much online time! XoD Because I love reading what others are doing, and love visiting blogs....
So I have to kind of do it fast. Therefore, I am gone for now my dear friends! But before I go, tell me what's on your table? Are you painting? Sculpting? Sewing?

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your day, and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!